It's all about speed with the FUJIFILM XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR; a portrait-length prime lens featuring an impressive and unique f/1.0 maximum aperture. This bright design benefits working in low-light conditions and, especially coupled with the short tele focal length, also affords immense control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus. Beyond just speed, the 50mm f/1.0 is also characterized by an advanced optical system aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements to control a variety of aberrations. A Super EBC coating also suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, complementing the optics is a fast-performing DC autofocus motor and a robust physical design that is weather-sealed to suit working in trying environmental conditions.
Experience ultimate portrait precision with Fujifilm's new superfast prime, FUJINON XF50mmF1.0 R WR. With its class-leading F1.0 maximum aperture, this lens allows the ultimate in shallow depth-of-field effects, creating smooth blur, out-of-focus backgrounds and providing a host of low-light opportunities. Experiment with depth-of-field like never before, and make brilliant portrait, lifestyle, documentary, and still-life images in even the most challenging lighting conditions.
With XF50mmF1.0 R WR's unique, impressive optical engineering, you can expect crystal-clear detail even at the maximum apertures and, as a weather-resistant lens, its tough, weather-sealed build quality means that when paired with one of our weather-resistant, X Series digital cameras, you can tackle your favorite subjects in dust, rain, and even freezing conditions.
Achieve An Incredibly Shallow Depth-Of-Field.
Used at or near to its maximum F1.0 aperture, XF50mmF1.0 R WR can produce an astonishingly narrow depth-of-field. Its precision-engineered, rounded diaphragm produces large, smooth bokeh for a professional look, allowing you to create portraits with a striking simplicity and an almost three-dimensional quality. You can use this new power in selective focus to keep only the subject's eyes in focus and make captivating close-up character studies. But it's not just for portraits. Take this lens out onto the street or into a lifestyle session and you'll turn cluttered locations into clean backdrops with unrivaled subject separation.
Be Ready To Make Images in Low-Light Conditions.
The very wide maximum aperture on XF50mmF1.0 R WR means you have more options when it comes to making images in low-light conditions. At night, or in darkened interiors, XF50mmF1.0 R WR offers the widest apertures yet seen on an XF Lens, allowing you to draw in more light. XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens also easily achieves fast shutter speeds that freeze movement and keep ISO settings lower for detail-rich results. Alternatively, combine high ISO settings with the F1.0 aperture for incredible versatility and use in other low-light applications like astrophotography.
Decades Of Experience In Optical Engineering.
Unprecedented depth-of-field is nothing without first-class optical quality to keep the subject sharp and clear. Too many ultrafast lenses can't cope at the extremes of wider apertures, and often when used wide open can only provide images weakened by flare and a lack of sharpness. XF50mmF1.0 R WR aces image quality with premium glass elements all the way through its exceptional light path, furthering the optical excellence of Fujifilm's FUJINON brand and bringing it to a modern-day zenith of edge-to-edge sharpness at any aperture.
Precise Focus for Those Critical Moments.
To make the most of its super-shallow depth-of-field, focusing must be precise. For this, XF50mmF1.0 R WR uses 120 Degree of rotation in its focusing ring to let you focus manually without error - and achieve accurate focus when using your X Series camera's Focus Peaking and Focus Assist modes. The 120 Degree of rotation also makes autofocus movements notably precise and deliberate, while the lens's engineering is designed to minimize focus shift effects when making images.
Weather-Resistant To Keep the Images Coming.
XF50mmF1.0 R WR is a lens you can use to make amazing pictures almost anywhere. Like all other weather-resistant XF Lenses, it is protected against moisture and dust, as well as being capable of use in temperatures down to 14 Degree F (-10 Degree C). When allied to a similarly specified, weather-resistant X Series mirrorless digital camera body, XF50mmF1.0 R WR lets you make unique images in the toughest environments.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 76mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.0 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also provides impressive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- DC autofocus motor is well-suited moving the large elements and helps to realize quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Weather-resistant design incorporates 11 distinct seals that prevent dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.