Meeting Date: Thursday, August 31st (6:00pm - 9:00pm)
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Equipment Swap & Sale (Canon Room)
• Swap: Tag the items that you wish to sell with your name, contact info and price. Tables will be provided allowing you to display the items that you want to sell to other members. (We will have people to help with the process but are not responsible for theft, albeit unlikely.)
• Sale: Unique will have a table set up to purchase your equipment if you want to sell it to them, even at the end of the night, if no one has purchased it in the swap session.
6:00pm – 7:00pm: ½ Price Sensor Cleaning
• Unique is offering half price camera cleaning to attendees! $25.00 for “C” size sensors; $37.50 for full frame sensors. Please drop off by 7:00pm and you can pick up at the end of the meeting. This is a first come, first serve basis; if you're unable to get your camera cleaned on this night, you can always pick up your camera the next day or try again at the next monthly meeting.
6:30pm – 7:00pm: Pizza and Networking
Meet your fellow members in a relaxing environment! Pizza and light refreshments will be provided for all attendees.
7:00pm – 9:00pm: Learning Program
• Meeting announcements
• Featured Guest Speaker Presentation: Nick Palmieri
New York’s Adirondack region is the largest protected landscape area east of the Mississippi River. Less than 5 hours from New York City and Boston, it is a hidden gem for nature photographers. This program will focus on photographing accessible areas of the Adirondacks. It covers the basics of landscape photography including equipment needs and shooting techniques. An introduction to specialized landscape processing techniques will also be covered.
Nick is an award-winning photographer. He has been presenting lectures and workshops to tri-state area photographers for several years. Nick is also a popular judge in New Jersey camera clubs. He is a past president of the Cranford-Millburn Camera Club and Camera Naturalists Camera Club and is currently a trustee for the New Jersey Federation of Camera Clubs (NJFCC). Nick is a moderator on the very popular Facebook page, "Photography Help, Tips, Techniques, and Critiques". He has recently been awarded the NJFCC citation.
9:15pm: Post Meeting Party (Optional)
For those interested, please meet at the Hampton Inn, directly across Rt. 46 from Unique Photo®.
Unique University® is the highly acclaimed education component of Unique Photo®, NJ’s only camera and video superstore. There is over 2000 sq. ft. of learning space, including our start-of-the art, 1000 sq. ft. main presentation hall. Unique University’s mission is to help our visitors “Create Better Pictures” by providing photography education for beginners to pros. With events daily, it is the place where photography groups such as local camera clubs, ASMP, PPA and others meet. We have a full curriculum of classes and seminars from world famous speakers such as Art Wolfe, Rick Sammon, Michael Yamashita, Tyler Stableford, Lindsay Adler, and Will Crockett. We offer photography experiences to such places as the Prudential Center for Seton Hall Men's Basketball, Meadowlands Horse Racetrack, Lakota Wolf Preserve, NJ Jackals Baseball, Rutgers Football, Botanical Gardens, Festival of Ballooning, and much more. Our technical classes include such topics as basic D-SLR photography, lighting techniques, Adobe Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom, macro photography, composition, editing and printing, wedding photography, HDR photography, working with speedlights, how to use social media, digital organization, one-on-one instruction, and much more.
Where are classes held?
Unless stated otherwise, classes are held in the Unique University classroom within the Unique Photo SuperStore (123 US Highway 46 West, Fairfield, NJ 07004).
What should I bring to class?
You're encouraged to bring your camera and a notebook and pen to most classes. Some classes will require additional equipment, so please check the class descriptions.
Will lunch or refreshments be included?
Lunch and refreshments are not provided for any classes under 6 hours unless noted.
How do I register for a class?
You can register online, in-store at the concierge, or by phone at either 973-377-6454 or 973-377-2007. Please note that you will need to provide payment information.
Can I register at the door?
For most classes, you're free to register at the concierge desk prior to the start of the class. Please note that there are some classes that offer "Early Bird Special" rates and others that have limited seating, so it would be in your best interest to register prior to the dates of such classes.
I wanted to register for ______ class, but it is now sold out. Is there a waiting list?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your name, phone number, email address, and the class name and date.
My question has not been addressed here. Is there someone I can contact?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or email@example.com with any additional inquiries.
Unique University Class Cancellation Policy
- Classes costing less than $99 may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. For classes costing $100 or more, advanced notice of seven days before the class is necessary for a full refund.
- Requests for cancellation made after these deadlines will be awarded store credit in the amount paid for registration towards a future Unique University seminar or workshop.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the beginning of a class will not be honored and no refund or credit will be given.
- Cancellations of any class utilizing models will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the purchased price (up to $100).
** Attention American Express cardholders: If you cancel a registration for a class costing $100 or more, there will be a 3% cancellation fee deducted from your refund or store credit.