The PXW-Z90V 4K HDR XDCAM with Fast Hybrid AF is a Sony camcorder, which offers phase-detection autofocus and HDR capabilities. With a compact, palm-style design, the PXW-Z90V is suitable for broadcast news, corporate events, and television production. It features a 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor with UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, as well as a 12x Zeiss optical zoom. The PXW-Z90V features an OLED viewfinder, and 3.5" touchscreen LCD monitor. With the ability to record 4K in XAVC Long at 4:2:0, HD in XAVC Long at 4:2:2 10-bit, and MPEG HD at 4:2:2, you have several options for recording. The S-Log3/S-Gamut3 functions offer you additional image control.
Optics and Focus
The PXW-Z90V's Fast Hybrid AF uses key placement of autofocus points, as well as a newly developed autofocus algorithm to achieve highly accurate focusing and tracking. The PXW-Z90V features a fixed 12x optical wide-angle zoom, with 18x 'Clear Image Zoom' technology.
Sensor and Screen
The PXW-Z90V sports a 1.0"-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor, with approx. 14.2 million effective pixels, which assists in providing optimal image quality. Its 3.5" touchscreen LCD monitor allows you to view your images with great clarity, right on the monitor.
Image and Video
The HLG function (Hybrid Log-Gamma) allows you to future-proof your output by integrating your 4K recordings into an HDR workflow, eliminating the need for color grading during post production. The PXW-Z90V's 12x optical Zeiss zoom, as well as the 18x 4K digital zoom (24x in HD) allows you to capture footage with high-quality resolution and contrast. An ND filter function allows for even greater control over exposure and depth-of-field. The camcorder also supports Sony's Slow & Quick Motion for shooting HD video at a number of frame rates (including 120 fps). The PXW-Z90V allows you to record in a variety of formats, codecs, and frame rates, while also supporting 100 Mb/s XAVC Long recording of 4K UHD video (at up to 29.97p), & 50 Mb/s capture of HD (up to 59.94p). Footage can be recorded to two SD memory card slots (simultaneously, to both cards, or in relay mode) allowing you to have the ability to backup your footage as you're recording.
Frame Rate Flexibility
- Record UHD 4K video (3840 x 2160p) at 29.97, 25, & 23.98 fps, in XAVC long, in a choice of: 100 Mb/s or 60 Mb/s
- HD at frame rates up to 59.94p
Super Slow Motion
- Slow Motion recording up to 960 fps
Slow & Quick Recording
- Sony's 'Slow & Quick Motion' can be used for recording 1080p/i60 HD video at 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60, and 120 fps
- Record in XAVC Long (UHD 4K), MPEG-4 HD at 4:2:0, XAVC Long (HD) 4:2:2, HD 2.0, or XVAC Proxy at 4:2:0, at a number of different data rates (license key is required for some codecs)
Built-In ND Filters
- An ND filter function is included with Clear, 1/4ND, 1/16ND, and 1/64ND for optimal exposure/depth-of-field control
- Two Memory Card Slots are included; one for SDHC/SDXC cards only, & one compatible with both SDHC/SDXC & Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo cards
- 3G-SDI Output integrates with Professional Studio Environments