EXPO: A Guide to Better Travel Photos with Ken Hubbard (Tamron)
- Class Code:
- Skill Level:
Take a trip with Tamron's Ken Hubbard! A good photographic travel adventure starts far before you set foot on the plane or behind the wheel of a car. Ken will discuss all of the stages of planning your next great travel experience. Start with research and planning, move onto what gear to pack, and then finish with creating images. This will be a great guide to help you further your travel photography experience.
Get a FREE $10 Token
Good towards in-store purchases.
Please note that there will be NO REFUNDS or rescheduling for Expo classes.
Ken has worked for Tamron USA the past 20 years and the last 11 years has been as their Field Services Manager leading a team of photographers and technical experts. Ken and his team teach classes on all aspects of photography and lead workshops across the United States on subjects from the small world of macro photography to the grandest landscapes of our National Parks.
Unique University® is the highly acclaimed education component of Unique Photo®, NJ’s only camera and video superstore. There is over 2000 sq. ft. of learning space, including our state-of-the art, 1000 sq. ft. main presentation hall. Unique University’s mission is to help our visitors “Create Better Pictures” by providing photography education for beginners to pros. With events daily, it is the place where photography groups such as local camera clubs, ASMP, PPA and others meet. We have a full curriculum of classes and seminars from world famous speakers such as Art Wolfe, Rick Sammon, Michael Yamashita, Tyler Stableford, Lindsay Adler, and Will Crockett. We offer photography experiences to such places as the Lakota Wolf Preserve, Wolf Conservation Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rutgers Football, Longwood Gardens, Festival of Ballooning, and much more. Our technical classes include such topics as basic digital photography, lighting techniques, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, macro photography, composition, editing and printing, wedding photography, HDR photography, working with speedlights, how to use social media, digital organization, one-on-one instruction, and much, much more.
Where are classes held?
Unless stated otherwise, most classes are held in the Unique University classroom within the Unique Photo Superstore (123 US Highway 46 West, Fairfield, NJ 07004). We also hold classes at our Philadelphia, PA location (28 South 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106).
What should I bring to class?
You're encouraged to bring your camera and a notebook and pen to most classes. Some classes will require additional equipment, so please check the class descriptions.
Will lunch or refreshments be included?
Lunch and refreshments are not provided for any classes under 6 hours unless noted.
How do I register for a class?
You can register online, in-store at the concierge, or by phone at either 973-377-6454 or 973-377-2007. Please note that you will need to provide payment information.
Can I register at the door?
For most classes, you're free to register at the concierge desk prior to the start of the class. Please note that there are some classes that offer "Early Bird Special" rates and others that have limited seating, so it would be in your best interest to register early for such classes.
I wanted to register for ______ class, but it is now sold out. Is there a waiting list?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or [email protected] with the following information: your name, phone number, email address, and the class name and date.
My question has not been addressed here. Is there someone I can contact?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or [email protected] with any additional inquiries.
Unique University Class Cancellation Policy
- Classes costing less than $99 may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. For classes costing $100 or more, advanced notice of seven days before the class is necessary for a full refund.
- Requests for cancellation made after these deadlines will be awarded store credit in the amount paid for registration towards a future Unique University seminar or workshop.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the beginning of a class will not be honored and no refund or credit will be given.
- Cancellations of any class utilizing models will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the purchased price (up to $100).
- Cancellations of any class that includes an admission ticket (including, but not limited to: museums, gardens, shows, exhibits, and special events or locations) may be subject to forfeiture of the admission ticket fee.
** Attention American Express cardholders: If you cancel a registration for a class costing $100 or more, there will be a 3% cancellation fee deducted from your refund or store credit.
123 US Highway 46 West
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Upcoming Classes & Events
- Sat, Jun 03 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Tue, Jun 06 11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Tue, Jun 06 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- Fri, Jun 09 10:00AM - 10:50AM
- Fri, Jun 09 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Fri, Jun 09 10:15AM - 11:45AM
- Fri, Jun 09 10:15AM - 11:45AM