Drones 101: Hands-on 2-Day Workshop with Timothy Hughes
- Class Code:
- Skill Level:
Gain an overall knowledge of drone types and applications in this 2-day workshop at Unique Photo Fairfield! With the help of a licensed drone pilot, Timothy Hughes, you'll develop an understanding of safe drone practices, pre-flight checks, and operation. The goal of this hands-on course is to ensure that you feel comfortable with your drone and are able to operate it while also understanding how to handle any issues that may arise.
• Types of drones and their best suited applications
• Basics of setup and operation
• How to connect your equipment
• System setup, statuses, and flight modes
• How to evaluate GPS, link quality, battery level
• How to perform a compass calibration
• How to avoid magnetic interference prompt situations
• Reading your map and flight telemetry data
• Learning and conforming to FAA Rules
• Navigating back to home point if you lose line of sight
• Understanding controllers and in-flight stick commands
Once all of the preflight data is learned in the classroom, we'll move into startup and takeoff procedures. We'll discuss the proper location for taking off and ensure your environment is safe for drone operation. Outdoors in the parking lot, you'll learn how to take off and land manually as well as automatically. We'll work to further your knowledge of each in-flight stick command as well as what each controller key does through more hands-on practice. Each student will have time to fly their drones with the instructor's assistance.
*Limited to 10 registrants.
*Please bring your drone for the hands-on portions of the workshop.
*If you need a drone, DJI drones are available in our Rental Department.
*Masks MUST be worn.
There are currently no upcoming classes.