The Sony Cyber-Shot RX0 II Digital Camera features high-quality imaging technology from the RX-series and compresses it into an ultra-compact, robust & waterproof body. The RX0 II features a ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4.0 fixed wide-angle lens, which is paired with the 1” (1.0-type) stacked back-illuminated 15.3MP Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor, and a BIONZ X™ image processor. These features work together to deliver sharp images, as well as incredible 4K video that can be recorded internally. The user will experience steady shots due to the RX0 II's electronic image stabilization feature, & its convenient tiltable LCD screen tilts up to 180° & down 90° for high & low angled shots. This LCD screen is ideal for selfie-shooting as well as vlogging.
Optics & Focus:
The Sony Cyber-Shot RX0 II Digital Camera features a ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4.0 fixed wide-angle lens, which delivers high-resolution images with less distortion in peripheral areas. With a minimum focusing distance of 7.9" (20cm), this digital camera is great for close-up shots as well as selfies. This ZEISS lens features 6 elements in 6 groups, and features 6 aspheric elements. Contrast and sharpness are enhanced, with the ability to suppress the occurance of ghosting and flaring by using an optional lens hood. The Exmor RS® sensor provides an extremely fast readout, allowing the anti-distortion shutter to be capable of speeds up to 1/32000 seconds, which minimizes image distortion that can be caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon, which would distort shots of moving subjects & video panning. The RX0 II also provides you with choices of different exposure modes, allowing you to choose the best mode for your creative needs. The list of exposure modes to choose from are: Program Auto, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall), Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto), Movie Mode (Program Auto), Movie Mode (Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Manual Exposure), Intelligent Auto, & Superior Auto.
Sensor & Screen:
The Sony Cyber-Shot RX0 II Digital Camera features a 15.3MP 1" (1.0 type) Stacked Exmor RS®CMOS Image Sensor, which is designed with back illumination technology that increases light collection efficiency, while reducing noise in shots at up to ISO 12,800. The RX0 II also features a tilting LCD screen, which makes for easy and convenient framing. The LCD tilts up 180° & down 90° making it easier to shoot at high and low angles, and provides the ability to take selfies when flipped up 180°. The 180° LCD also makes this camera ideal for vlogging.
Image & Video:
The RX0 II also features a BIONZ X™ image processing engine, which enhances the speed and efficiency of analogue to digital conversion, and realizes super-fast readout speed. The BIONZ X™ image processing engine powers the conversion of light that is captured by the sensor, providing images and movies with natural, realistic details, as well as richer tonal gradiation and low noise. The RX0 II also offers 4K (3840x2160) 24p/30p internal movie recording, which features electronic image stabilization, and full pixel readout to collect approximately 1.7x the amount of data that is required for 4K video. This oversampling delivers smooth, high quality 4K video with exceptional depth and detail. The RX0 II is compatible with the Sony Imaging Edge™ mobile app, allowing you to transfer your footage to a smartphone and share your footage on social media platforms. The image stabilization can be enhanced as the Movie Edit add-on app uses gyro information captured while shooting. Uncompressed 4K is available through the HDMI output & compatible recording devices. You can also create personalized art by choosing a Picture Effect mode that adjusts camera's parameters and applies advanced image processing, with real-time previews for most effects. You can choose from up to 12 modes, including Pop Color, Posterization, & Retro Photo. You can also bring out the subject of your scene with any of 13 Creative Style settings. The RX0 II adjusts color & other parameters of still images & movie footage while letting you manually adjust the contrast, saturation, & sharpness to produce the look you desire. Saturation settings are not available when using Sepia or B/W mode.
- The RX0 II’s extra tough and ultra-compact design make it possible to take great shots, even in the toughest situations. The RX0 II is also waterproof, shockproof, and crushproof, making it extremely reliable.
- Slow motion video can be captured up to 120fps in HD with sound. Super slow motion at frame rates of up to 960/1000fps is available. Slow motion shooting at 480/500fps & 240/250fps maintains fine images at nearly HD quality with the choice of Quality Priority mode. End trigger mode lets you capture the decisive moment in super slow motion starting from two or four seconds before the REC button is pressed.
- S-Log2 is a proprietary gamma setting from Sony that is for professionals seeking post-production flexibility. It extends the dynamic range of recording to decrease the occurrence of blown-out highlights & black crush.
- Time code is also included, which greatly aids in synchronizing multiple cameras in multi-camera shooting.
- The RX0 II also features a mini microphone input jack, allowing you to enhance audio through optional external microphones.
- The RX0 II features built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to use the free Imaging Edge Mobile app on your mobile device to remotely control the camera shutter release, movie recording start/stop, and the instant receiving of captured footage.
- The Bluetooth feature allows remote power on/off operation from your mobile device.
- Wireless control of up to 100 cameras through an access point & wired Ethernet control using optional CCB-WD1 camera control box accessory (one required per camera) (not included).
- Time-lapse movies record changes with the passing of time. The RX0 II features built-in interval recording, for time-lapse creation, that can be set anywhere between 1 & 60 seconds, with a total number up of shots from 1 to 9999. AE tracking sensitivity can be adjusted to “Low”, “Mid” or “High” during interval shooting, allowing for reduced changes in exposure over the shooting interval. The still images can be edited into a time-lapse movie on a computer. using the Viewer software from the Imaging Edge software suite.