Photograph the Americas Cup Race Up Close on the Hudson River
- Product #:
- Manufacturer #:
America’s Cup racing will return to New York for the first time since 1920 with Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series racing on May 7-8, 2016. The New York event is one of six events planned during 2016, each featuring thrilling, high-speed competition, as six America’s Cup teams, with the top sailors in the world, vie for points that count towards the final competition for the 35th America’s Cup in 2017.
On Friday, May 6th, Instructor Mike Zawadzki will hold a seminar at Unique Photo from 6:00pm - 7:00pm. He'll go over camera settings and shooting tips in preparation for the race on Sunday.
On Sunday, May 8th, you'll have a chance to capture the excitement and action from the waters on our own private yacht! The Jewel is set to sail along the Hudson River and remain as close to the race as possible. This is an amazing opportunity to capture shots from different vantage points and spectate the finals.
UPDATE (5/4/16): Due to the high security measures that have been put in place for the race, the Captain has changed The Jewel's point of departure from Lincoln Harbor in Weehawken, NJ to New York's Skyport Marina.
We apologize for this inconvenience, but we have now secured a shuttle that will take us from Unique Photo to Sky Point Marina and back, free of charge. If you'd like to reserve a seat for the shuttle, please email us at [email protected]. Seating is limited, so please email ASAP. Otherwise, we will assume that you'll be meeting everyone at the marina on your own.
• The Jewel will depart from Skyport Marina (2430 FDR Drive Service Road E, New York, NY 10010).
• Shuttle from Unique will leave promptly at 9:30am.
• We will board The Jewel at the marina promptly at 12:00pm.
• Shuttle will depart from the marina, after the race, at approx. 4:30pm and return to Unique.
• Parking is NOT included for those meeting up at the marina.
• Some food and drinks will be provided. Cash bar is available for those interested.