Combining the advantages of an extremely accurate laser rangefinder with the optical refinements of a premium binocular from Leica - the Geovid 10x42 HD offers supreme optical quality, multi-purpose functionality, and rugged durability.
The Geovid is engineered to withstand environmental stresses while delivering optimum performance. The housing is crafted of cast aluminum for its rigidity and light weight. The entire system is purged with dry nitrogen for water and fogproof performance, while the exterior sports a tactile and protective rubberized coating.
When glassing the horizon, Leica's legendary optical genius becomes apparent. Precision roof prisms with P40 phase-correction coatings and stray-light traps deliver maximum light throughput. Fluoride lens elements deliver sharp crisp imagery that is enhanced beyond the ability to define in words. HDC and AquaDura optical coatings help preserve the integrity of the external lens surfaces. Each ocular features adjustable and removable eye cups with click-stop settings for maximum viewing comfort.
With all this high-performing optical wonder, it could be easy to forget that the Geovid is more than a binocular - it also provides the ability to accurately range distances from 10-1400 m with the push of a button while viewing. The internal laser range-finding module of this Geovid provides distance measurements in meters via an internal LED display - it's accurate to 2 m @ 731 m, and the circuitry features an auto-brightness adjustment system to compensate for dynamic lighting conditions.
- 10x Magnification Well suited to detailed observation over greater distances
- Roof Prisms Precision roof prisms with P40 phase correction coatings and stray-light traps
- Robust Construction Nitrogen purged cast aluminum housing with shock-absorbing rubber coating is waterproof/fogproof/submersible
- AquaDura Lens Coatings Fluoride glass with water repelling AquaDura coatings substantially improve light transmission
- HDC Multicoating High-Durable lens coatings on external lens surfaces provide added protection against scratches, abrasions, harmful environmental conditions
- Comfortable Eyepieces Optimize viewing for eyeglass wearers. Removable eye cups with click-stop settings simplify use and cleaning.
- Laser Rangefinder w/ Readout in Meters Response time: 0.85-1.4 seconds Eye-safe invisible laser according to EN and FDA class 1 Extremely flat beam-divergence ensures accurate readings Rain/Snow mode ensures accuracy under adverse conditions Lithium battery yields approx. 2000 measurements @ 68F/20C Ranges distances from 10-1400 m - accurate to 2 yd up to 731 m LED readout with auto brightness-adjust remains legible in all conditions.