Destined to be chosen as an ideal take-along optic for anyone traveling light - the Monovid 8x20 Monocular from Leica will delight all-sorts of viewing enthusiasts with style, elegance, and a remarkable level of optical performance.
Sporting 8.0x magnification, the Monovid's optical system features a high-grade roof prism, AquaDura lens coatings, and nitrogen purging for clarity in any climate - it's fully fogproof and submersible to a depth of 5.0 m/16'.
Depending upon your point of view - The Monovid can be used as a mini-telescope, 1/2 a binocular, or a macroscope. Its light, small, stealthy, and quite luxurious - whether you're scoping a performer on stage, glassing the treeline for the Lord God bird, or investigating the intricate subtleties of a Nautilus shell - you'll be glad you didn't leave home without it.
Inside the Monovid's elegant leather carry case there's a special pocket for a very special attachment - the close-up lens. Installing this accessory onto the monocular allows viewers to achieve 8x magnification at distances as close as 9.8"/ 25 cm - this macro-effect viewing is excellent for observing the finest details that are often impossible to see through larger optics.
This is the 'Red Edition' of the classic 8x20 Monovid - it's ideal for classy and classic venues, concerts, and cultural events. The elegant red nappa leather armoring offers a sporty yet refined appearance and a particularly comfortable grip.
- Roof prism with P40 phase correction coating
- AquaDura & HDC optical coatings repel water and dirt
- Close-up accessory lens: focuses to 9.8-11"/25-30 cm
- Multicoated lens surfaces minimize flare, glare for clear viewing
- Submersible to 16'/5.0 m
- Nitrogen purged aluminum housing is water and fogproof
Use and Handling
- Internal focusing via central focusing knob
- Leather case with silent magnetic fastener and close-up lens compartment