- Michael Downey
- Skill Level:
Join Michael Downey at American Museum of Natural History! Michael will start with a brief photo class, covering low light photography and photographing in museums. Tripods or flash photography are not allowed inside, but you'll be able to capture wonderful pictures regardless!
- The Hall of Biodiversity presents a vivid portrait of the beauty and abundance of life on Earth, highlighting both biodiversity and the factors that threaten it.
- The Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life highlights the drama of the undersea world and its diverse and complex web of life in a fully immersive marine environment. The hall is home to one of the Museum’s most celebrated displays — a 94', 21,000 lb. model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling.
- Paleontologists think a giant herbivore that belongs to a group known as Titanosaurs weighed in at around 70 tons.
- At the heart of the Rose Center for Earth and Space is an 87' diameter sphere that appears to float inside a glass cube. Its upper half constitutes the Hayden Planetarium.
* Registration includes: admission to the museum, Michael's photographic support at the museum, and the show at The Hayden Planetarium.
* No tripods or flash photography allowed.