• All breakfasts and dinners
• All gratuities
• All transportation while in Iceland
• Hotel accommodations
• Professional local drivers/guides
• AIP Tour Leaders: Padma Inguva & Malcolm Khan
Things to Keep in Mind:
• In Iceland, you'll find long, long days (it really doesn't get dark in Iceland at the time of the year that we'll be there). We'll be able to photograph for 16 to 17 hours if we wish to do so!
• Most of the hotels have some level of internet, but phone service can be spotty (especially in the Highlands). Cell service will require a local SIM chip or a plan from your provider.
• Food can be very expensive in Iceland. Please plan accordingly for lunches and drinks as they are not included.
• AIP recommends participants purchase travel insurance.
• Total Registration Fee (per person): $6,500
• Deposit of $1,000.00 is due within 7 days of booking; this is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to pay the deposit.
• If not paid in full at time of registration, the remaining balance will be due 90 days prior to departure date.
AIP's Cancellation Policy:
• Cancellations are only effective upon receipt of written notification signed by the participant(s). Written notification should be mailed to Adventures in Photography, LLC’s corporate office located at 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970 or emailed to email@example.com. The initial deposit is used to secure your accommodations, transportation, and guides and is therefore non-refundable, unless the photo adventure is sold out at the time of departure. We understand that conflicts arise. If you need to cancel your participation prior to the final payment, all efforts will be made to fill your spot. If AIP fills your spot, a refund of your non-refundable deposit, minus a 25% administration fee, will be issued.
• If the final balance has not been received 90 days prior to trip commencement, AIP shall be entitled, at their discretion, to treat your reservation as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
• If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
• It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
• In the event you do not join the photo adventure, join it after departure, or leave before its completion, no refunds will be made.
• AIP will make every attempt to operate a photo adventure once confirmed, but will reserve the right to cancel or change a trip at any time, due to insufficient bookings and/or reasons beyond its control that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal, or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of AIP’s liability. AIP is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparation for the tour, including non-refundable airline tickets, airline penalties, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.
Days 1 & 2 / Friday, June 28th - Saturday, June 29th
Depart Newark Airport (EWR) at around 8:00pm for Keflavik. Landing in Iceland approximately 6:00am local time.
*Airfare is not included, but this is where/when the AIP tour leaders will be flying out.
Days 2 & 3 / Saturday, June 29th - Sunday, June 30th
We'll start our Photo Adventure by driving to Vik, with stop-overs in several of the following locations: Reykjanesviti, Gunnuhver, Strandakirkja, Urriðafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Skógarfoss, Kvernufoss, Reynisfjara, Vík, Jokulsarlon-Skaftafel.
Day 4 / Monday, July 1st
Skaftafell - Kirkjubaejarklaustur: Skaftafell National Park, Svartifoss, Fjaðrárgljúfur (Canyon)
Day 5 / Tuesday, July 2nd
Kirkjubæjarklaustur - Hrauneyjar, Fjallabak nyrðri, Landmannalaugar to Hrauneyjar including Eldgjá and Ófærufoss
Day 6 / Wednesday, July 3rd
Hrauneyjar- Kerlingarfjöll, including several of the following locations (depending on time and weather): Kerlingarfjöll), Gjáin, Háifoss, Hjálparfoss, Gullfoss.
Day 7 / Thursday, July 4th
Hveradalir in Kerlingarfjöll, including some of the following locations: Hotsprings, Mountains, Glacier, and possibly Gullfoss in the evening.
Day 8 / Friday, July 5th
Þingvellir area - Langaholt? (Snæfellsnes), including several of the following (dependening on time and weather): Þingvellir National park, Kaldidalur, Langjökull, Víðgelmir Cave, Hraunfossar, Deildartunguhver, Eldborg, Langaholt.
Day 9 / Saturday, July 6th
Stay in Snæfellsnes peninsular and visit several of the following locations: Ölkelda, Búðir lava, Snæfellsjökull glacier, Arnarstapi-Hellnar, Djúpalónssandur -Dritvík, Skarðsvík, Kirkjufell, Stykkishólmur, Langaholt.
Day 10 / Sunday, July 7th
Langaholt-Keflavík Airport, with a possible short stop in Reykjavík on the way. Depart Keflavik for home at roughly 5:00pm and arrive back at Newark (EWR) at around 9:25pm.
Unique University® is the highly acclaimed education component of Unique Photo®, NJ’s only camera and video superstore. There is over 2000 sq. ft. of learning space, including our start-of-the art, 1000 sq. ft. main presentation hall. Unique University’s mission is to help our visitors “Create Better Pictures” by providing photography education for beginners to pros. With events daily, it is the place where photography groups such as local camera clubs, ASMP, PPA and others meet. We have a full curriculum of classes and seminars from world famous speakers such as Art Wolfe, Rick Sammon, Michael Yamashita, Tyler Stableford, Lindsay Adler, and Will Crockett. We offer photography experiences to such places as the Prudential Center for Seton Hall Men's Basketball, Meadowlands Horse Racetrack, Lakota Wolf Preserve, NJ Jackals Baseball, Rutgers Football, Botanical Gardens, Festival of Ballooning, and much more. Our technical classes include such topics as basic D-SLR photography, lighting techniques, Adobe Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom, macro photography, composition, editing and printing, wedding photography, HDR photography, working with speedlights, how to use social media, digital organization, one-on-one instruction, and much more.
Where are classes held?
Unless stated otherwise, classes are held in the Unique University classroom within the Unique Photo SuperStore (123 US Highway 46 West, Fairfield, NJ 07004).
What should I bring to class?
You're encouraged to bring your camera and a notebook and pen to most classes. Some classes will require additional equipment, so please check the class descriptions.
Will lunch or refreshments be included?
Lunch and refreshments are not provided for any classes under 6 hours unless noted.
How do I register for a class?
You can register online, in-store at the concierge, or by phone at either 973-377-6454 or 973-377-2007. Please note that you will need to provide payment information.
Can I register at the door?
For most classes, you're free to register at the concierge desk prior to the start of the class. Please note that there are some classes that offer "Early Bird Special" rates and others that have limited seating, so it would be in your best interest to register prior to the dates of such classes.
I wanted to register for ______ class, but it is now sold out. Is there a waiting list?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your name, phone number, email address, and the class name and date.
My question has not been addressed here. Is there someone I can contact?
Please contact us at 973-377-6454 or email@example.com with any additional inquiries.
Unique University Class Cancellation Policy
- Classes costing less than $99 may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. For classes costing $100 or more, advanced notice of seven days before the class is necessary for a full refund.
- Requests for cancellation made after these deadlines will be awarded store credit in the amount paid for registration towards a future Unique University seminar or workshop.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the beginning of a class will not be honored and no refund or credit will be given.
- Cancellations of any class utilizing models will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the purchased price (up to $100).
** Attention American Express cardholders: If you cancel a registration for a class costing $100 or more, there will be a 3% cancellation fee deducted from your refund or store credit.