Careers at Unique Photo
Unique Photo is one of the largest privately owned photographic supply distributors in the world. Founded over a half century ago in a humble Brooklyn storefront, Unique Photo has become the industry leader by providing its customers with the best in price, service, quality and dependability since 1947. Although Unique Photo is a modern company, constantly on the cutting edge, we have never forgotten our roots. Through running a family owned business, Jonathan and Matthew Sweetwood have maintained the fundamental values that have kept Unique Photo at the forefront of the industry. Our unyielding devotion to customer satisfaction allows Unique Photo to live up to its name.
Customers always come first at Unique Photo. We pride ourselves on our helpful and knowledgeable staff of professional photographers and videographers trained in a variety of fields and disciplines. Unique Photo's ideal employee is driven to provide the best possible service to all customers while offering their extensive knowledge of products, photography, and services we provide.
We offer a generous benefits package to our employees of medical, dental, life insurance, 401k/profit sharing, and paid time off.
Position(s) we currently have open:
Do you love photography? Are you a techno geek? Would you like to play with the newest toys in New Jersey's coolest camera company? Then you are Unique!
We are looking for a talented Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a fast paced sales environment. For this position, you must be an exceptional listener with excellent time management and be a skilled verbal communicator. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our sales growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working in multiple product channels, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. You must be self-motivated and competitive, but also a team player. A high level of integrity is also essential.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Interact with customers via phone, email or social media.
- Report to sales manager on a daily basis.
- Grow sales within current customer base and negotiate price.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls.
- Perform customer verifications.
- Perform follow up calls.
- Maintain professional relationship with every customer.
- Field customer complaints, documenting and reporting issues.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the sales process.
- Inside sales orientation.
- Listening skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills - verbal, written and phone.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Stress tolerance.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
As a member of the Unique Photo Sales Team, you would be expected to:
- greet customers in a timely manner
- build and maintain relationships with Unique Photo’s ever growing customer base
- help customers in the store by recommending products that would suit their needs
- demonstrate use of merchandise
- troubleshoot any issues with a customer’s equipment
- maintain the appearance and stock of the Unique Photo Super Store.
- Maintain professional relationship with every customer
An ideal applicant would:
- have a positive demeanor and attitude
- be able to deal with long periods of standing
- able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
- have a working knowledge and passion of photography, the photography business, and photography equipment
- be knowledgeable in photo editing and cataloging software
- be able to work nights and weekends
- pick up extra shifts as needed
- exhibit enthusiasm for learning and teaching new products and techniques
Unique Photo offers its employees:
- competitive wages
- profit sharing opportunities
- benefits to full time employees - including medical insurance and a 401k plan
Unique Photo, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. Click here for more info.