Sized for a pro size DSLR with up to a 70-200 f2.8 lens attached. The Hydrophobia 70-200 protects valuable photo equipment from the elements during active use. Keep shooting in the rain, snow or blowing sand. The Hydrophobia gives you peace of mind that you can capture the moment in almost any weather!
The Hydrophobia 70-200 includes a Think Tank Camera Strap that is preconnected to durable metal D-rings on the rain cover. Proper use of the strap and rain cover does not require removing the strap attached to the camera. Nor does it require cutting holes in the rain cover or disassembling the camera's attached strap.
The lens strap inside the Hydrophobia allows the external Camera Strap to fully support the weight of the camera and lens. Tighten the lens strap then clip it around the back end of the lens, ensuring a snug fit.
There is no need to remove the strap already attached to the DSLR. Simply fold the strap and slip it into the Camera Strap Retainer, which is the elastic loop inside the Hydrophobia.
The Hydrophobia securely attaches around the lens hood by a hook-and-loop strap with non-slip coating. Using a lens hood in the rain effectively prevents stray droplets from streaking across the front of the lens, in the similar way it blocks glare from sunlight.
A specially designed eyepiece is required for use and proper attachment of the Hydrophobia rain cover. The eyepiece allows a clear view, straight through to the camera's viewfinder, while keeping a water resistant seal. There are five different eyepieces to choose from, three for Canon and two for Nikon DSLRs. To browse the eyepieces and check compatibility, go to the Camera Rain Covers section and link to the individual eyepiece web pages.
An eyepiece flap can be folded over the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the camera is not is use. This keeps excess rain or dust from collecting on the viewfinder while the camera is just hanging by the external strap.
An eyepiece pocket is built into the side of the Hydrophobia rain cover. It can be used to store the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the rain cover is packed away or it can carry the DSLR's rubber eyecup while the rain cover is actively being used. Look for the eye-shaped icon on the Hydrophobia.
A soft lens hood cover is included for additional protection from the elements. Use it as a lens cap; it's too small to be a shower cap. The hood cover can be stored in the pocket on top of the lens or it can be completely removed to save some bulk.
The clear window on the back of the Hydrophobia keeps the camera's LCD screen and controls visible. There is also enough room inside the rain cover to change memory cards and batteries without exposing the camera to rain.
Using a shorter focal length lens in the Hydrophobia may be possible depending on the placement of the zoom or focusing rings on the lens.
- External Camera Strap (included) eliminates need to remove the strap attached to the camera body
- Interior retainer loop for strap on camera body
- Eyepiece flap shields viewfinder from rain or dust when not in use
- Eyepiece for Hydrophobia required and sold separately
- Can be attached while camera and lens are assembled
- Clear back window to view LCD screen and camera controls
- Lens hood cover protects front of lens as needed
- Eyepiece storage pocket (Eyepieces sold separately)
- Over-sized and adjustable right and left hand sleeves
- Change batteries and memory cards without removing rain cover
- Compatible with shorter focal length lenses, depending on size
- Compatible with monopods and small tripod heads
- Mesh bag included for transportation and storage