The QuickCapture A2D like its predecessor, is a small, lightweight, portable recorder designed for professional videographers shooting with either analog or digital camcorders to capture Edit-Ready clips directly to an internal hard disk drive. The drive can subsequently be mounted on a computer where the contents are dragged and dropped into a Workstation or directly into the timeline of a Non-Linear Editor (NLE).
This eliminates the lengthy capture process, saving significant time and money and brings the benefits of the all-digital workflow to the videographer for both analog and digital cameras.
The QuickCapture (TM) A2D also provides for immediate playback of captured digital content to an analog monitor. Unlike its predecessor, the QuickCapture A2D can record and playback, in the digital mode only, HD pictures coded in the HDV compression format.
The videographer can organize his shoot with an eye toward simplifying the back-end work by taking advantage of the 99 bins offered. Each bin is analogous to a tape and when a recording is started a clip is defined. Up to 97 clips for each bin are numbered. When connecting to a computer, each recorded bin appears as a folder and within it each clip appears as a file.
- Compact & lightweight
- Integrated 120 GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Organize content as you record; 99 Bins, each with up to 97 numbered clips
- Backlit LCD displays detailed current information
- Two selectable user operating modes
- VTR mode
- Simple VTR like push-button controls
- 8 seconds of pre-record
- Playback from Last Clip
- Create a clip with no frame lost while recording
- Quick access to clips on playback
- Bin Number Memorization through recycling of power
- Editable Time & Date Recording
- HDD mode
- No drivers required
- Selectable (After Recording!) File System: Fat32 or NTFS
- File Types: AVI, MOV, MXF (OP1A), M2T* (Digital mode only)
- Supports Different Volume ID's: Mount multiple units at once
- One IEEE-1394 DV Input /Output 6-pin connector for HDD and camera interface
- Analog connections are Composite and S-video, 2 channels of unbalanced audio and SMPTE time code input.
- Anti-Shock Engineering
- Robust Transactional File System
- Tally Light: Record Indicator and Low Capacity Drive Indicator
- Firmware Update via 1394
- Remote control using Sonys 422 protocol with extensive device specific commands
- Operates either with Battery or A/C Adapter