The Profoto D1 Air 500 Flash Unit is fully digital, not just on the display panel, but in the flash output control circuitry as well. This to ensure a consistency in flash-to-flash color temperature and flash energy. The dual mode SMPS capacitor charging technology ensures the flash-to-flash precision which is essential for today's photographer. The 7 f-stop power range gives all the power the demanding photographer needs for creative freedom, to shoot with high speed and full open lens.
The D1 Air series is designed from Profotos philosophy of look, listen and touch. Controls are easy to use, freeing your mind, eyes and hands, so you can focus on the image you are creating. The unique built-in reflector gives you full control and minimizes stray light. It is designed for use with softboxes and umbrellas and for use with or without additional reflectors.
Short flash duration gives images a crisp feel and the fast recycling time means that you never have to wait for the flash. You will always get the image quality you want. All this in a package that offers 1/10 f-stop control, giving you the confidence that the images will be exactly as you want them.
- Compact and lightweight
- Built in reflector gives you full control, minimizes stray light and maximizes the light output. It is designed for use with softboxes and umbrellas and for use with or without additional reflectors. Optional grids and clear glass plate gives you further control.
- The frosted glass plate and the built in reflector protects the flash tube and modeling lamp which makes the D1 easy to transport
- Use the full range of Profoto light shaping tools system
- The 7 f-stop power range gives all the power the demanding photographer needs for creative freedom, to shoot with high speed and wide open lenses. Controlled in 1/10 f-stop precise and repeatable increments.
- Built-in microprocessors ensure the output consistency 0.05 f-stop and 30 K flash to flash
- Short recycling times to keep up with the active objects so you never have to wait for the flash
- Short flash duration to stop action
- Multivoltage. Plug in anywhere in the world and no need to change modeling lamp
- Profoto Air system built-in, for remote control and triggering from up to 300m
- Trigger the flash via sync cable, IR slave or Profoto Air system
- Connect to your PC or Mac with Profoto Studio Air software
- Optional external battery for on-location use
- Can be used with Petrol Electric generators, rated 800W continues load
- Adaptive thermal control ensures overheating preventions and allows you to get maximum out of the flash. 1500 flashes per hour at full energy
- Built in modeling light 300W
- Built-in fan for longer shooting sessions and maximum performance
- The unique Zoom function allows you to freely move the source of light toward the focus of the reflector. This creates several light shapes for each lighting purpose
- Choose from the vast variety of Light Shaping Tools available. Uncomplicated handling of all accessories, e.g. softboxes can be rotated 360 degree in both directions